and so, in honour of Festivus, i would like to list a few of of my grievances for the year 2010. [however, unlike the Seinfeld Festivus tradition, when one "tells their friends and family all the instances of how or when they disappointed the person during the year", my grievances are toward/with the world in general. this is because i have no control over a lot of stuff and i like to complain, but it is especially so because i am extremely fortunate since my friends and family were the only things to NOT disappoint me this year.*]
venus' grievances are as follows:
- Dr. Alexander Shulgin is unable to afford required treatment for a stroke, experienced earlier this year, and for a stubborn foot ulcer. ** speaking of which, reminds me of...
- Gov. Schwarzenegger's vetoes against Assembly Bill 3632 [AB3632].*^ for more info, please also see CA Dept. of Mental Health website.
- KCET in Los Angeles is no longer carrying PBS programming as of 1 January 2011. what to do, southern california? hellooooooooooo KOCE!
- whenever i highlight a word to edit in my Blogger entry, an extra word is deleted along with the highlighted word.
- Twitt'r accounts used by cities, government, entities, professionals and/or organisations in general to simply market and advertise, instead of providing real or true information, action, interaction and/or feedback.
- the prevalence of Liz Lemon/Tina Fey-shaped eyewear, and the dearth of Penelope Garcia/Kirsten Vangsness-shaped eyeglasses. speaking of which, reminds me of...
- the mediocrity of my optometrist's front office staff. they can't be bothered to find the right eyeglass frames for me...and they're too busy upselling stuff that ends up falling apart. s.o.w.r.m.o...
- the rude front office chicks at my doctor's office.*** s.o.w.r.m.o...
- good therapists who don't take my insurance. and, the bad ones who do.
- our PS3's broken blu-ray drive. s.o.w.r.m.o...
- TV repairmen in Orange County or Los Angeles who refuse to make housecalls to repair CRT televisions.**^ s.o.w.r.m.o...
- Guitar Hero haters. s.o.w.r.m.o...
- the small number of available Rockband keyboard songs and Pro songs.
- CREDO formerly known as Working Assets for having a terrible online payment system which forced us to lose our long distance telephone service.^*
- blizzard entertainment. love what they do, but i hate how they make you register for an account to get a stinking gametime gift for someone.****
- product placement in general, but especially on the Jeopardy game show.
- sites use the FB to login with, more often than openID.
- point-and-shoot/point-and-click digital cameras have all these supposedly cool features one can adjust and use...yet the user manuals give no information as to how or when they are to be used...just that they can be used.
- sebastien loeb.*****
- city of Buena Park's city council election, which was won by the highest spender(s).
- hipsters' (and others'!) outright rejection of MySpace. s.o.w.r.m.o...
- the absolutely pathetic web presence of most stand-up comics/comedians and magician/illusionist types i like.*^^^
- ALEX WONG's injury.***^
- Jack in the Box has no fish and chips. And Wendy's has no baked potatoes.
- water + gravity = yikes.
- celebrities. these non-experts're taking away all the voiceover jobs and officiant jobs and other jobs traditionally held by other experts. s.o.w.r.m.o...
- --$ha and the Beebs.**^^ s.o.w.r.m.o...
- Kristen Wiig.
- jerks still email me nasty things about how i don't deserve to have the mdma.com domain.
- MAX KARAOKE is too far away and too expensive.
* omg I LOVE MY FRIENDS AND FAMILY!!! [here are a few of them.] i also love a lot of other things, such as animals, my job, music, health and... um...my family and friends.
**Dr. Shulgin is a man who, through his tireless scientific research of 3,4 methylenedioxymethamphetamine (and many other chemicals with true therapeutic potential) in the face of mounting scrutiny, has benefited, and continues to benefit, many of us. as far back as 1985, MDMA was vilified by the media and was made a Schedule I drug by the DEA in the United States. it is a total shame that just one dollar has not been given in thanks to this brave man, by every person who has been touched by ecstasy in a positive way...especially, in this supposed world of "happy happy raver" b.s., also known as PLUR (or Peace Love Unity and Respect). see articles in Time magazine, May of the year 2000 and in June of the year 2000
*^ not to mention, the effects of his attempt to balance the California state budget, at the cost of helping those with homelessness and autism.
***however, i love the nurse at my dr.'s office.
**^i will pay a couple of hundred dollars cos we cannot afford to buy a new flatscreen/LCD/plasma television for several more hundreds of $$$!!!!
^*YES, i DO KNOW i should use skype or some other VoIP thing.
****yes, you can buy WoW gametime at amazon, but, um, not for one month.
*****as opposed to: HURRAH PETTER SOLBERG!
*^^^THANK YOU, marc maron, wonderground in Las Vegas, StandUp! Records and Punchline mag!!!
***^see more non-SYTYCD videos here.
**^^despite my love of the song they used on the Simpsons and the song they slowed down.