11 April 2008

MUSIC: Does It Offend You, Yeah?

ok just one more record before i forget...
if you know me, you know how much i hate long band names that sound like racehorse or boat names. (and if you know me, you know how much i love racehorse and boat names for being so un-namelike.) however, i heard a record this week that i really kind of dig, at least upon my initial two listens. they're called DOES IT OFFEND YOU, YEAH? and they've kinda got this 'Justice-like Parisian hard dance music - meets - bands i like like Bloc Party/Maximö Park' type of sound. meaning, they've got the electronics going on, but underneath it all is this music that reminds you of something you loved back in high school but hadn't heard for a while until recently.

1 comment:

Erik Wargo said...

What I hate more than long band names are reeeeeeeeeally long album names. Coheed and Cambira are a prime example of this:

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness

Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...